family

family

Quotable boys

~Can't remember if I shared this one yet or not: A stole something from the store yesterday... so I get to go with him to return it later today. When I told him he was in trouble, he asked, "You're not going to call the police are you??" And before I could say anything, E looks forlornly at him and says, "Yeah, she is."

~October 29th, 2013
Our littlest boy hasn't been on here yet. And he's pretty cute. So he get's a spot. A.M is still drinking out of a bottle. He's 13-months-old and still attached to the things. I went into the kitchen to give him some milk since he was all sorts of annoyed at me. When I gave him his bottle, he grabbed it, and walked out the the kitchen, laughing triumphantly like some evil little elf that had just pulled one over on someone. :)

~October 2013
E rubbed toothpaste all over my just cleaned bathroom counter tonight. We'll forget right now that this means most of his teeth did not get cleaned, because all of the toothpaste was on my counter. I was pretty ticked and feeling fairly justified in my anger since he does this ALL the time. I snapped at him to clean it up and to not rub toothpaste all over my house! (yes I have found it rubbed on my walls before.) He yells back at me: This is not your house! Everything belongs to Jesus!

~August 2013
Papa K and my cute oldest boy, A and cute middle son E went shopping while he was watching them for us. Each got to push their own little shopping cart. A was the only one with something in his cart, milk. Both boys, being my kids of course, were running all over the grocery story. So Papa asked them to slow down. A says to Papa, "I know, if I go too fast, I'll turn the milk to butter."

Help Us Out!

We Love the Help!

As most of you are aware, we are trying to maintain at least some of our privacy on this blog, so if you know our actual names, please don't put them in your comments! ~Thanks!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Spirit of Giving

Santa is real. How do I know? I have a little story to share about love, sacrifice, goodness, and care and by the end of it, you will believe in Santa as well.

Tonight Daddy and I wanted to end our night on a positive none fighting note. Doesn't happen often. But tonight I decided we would all write down 3 things that we like about each other and then share it with everyone. By the end of the night, meaning 8pm for us, we had lots of smiling faces. We said our prayers and Daddy took the boys to bed while I rocked our littlest man to sleep. It was then that I heard a knock at the door.

Daddy went down to answer it.

I have to say, hearing Daddy's surprise in his voice when he said, "hello" to the man standing there, made me  get up to see who it was.

And there he was. Santa. Standing tall in his big red suit, snowy beard and a giant Santa bag. He handed the bag to Daddy along with wrapping paper so we could see the gifts and wrap them up for our boys. I was in shock.

Daddy called the boys down to see Santa. I wish you could have seen them. They stood at the top of the stairs in shock, both their eyes huge.

Santa said hello. Both boys squeaked out hi's of their own and came down the stairs, closer. They stood there looking up at him while he asked them some questions; Are you A and E? Have you been good this year? Come shake Santa's hand?

Both boys were, as Daddy puts it, stoked to shake his hand. I was downstairs holding little baby boy still, quietly crying. (yes... yes I do have a sensitive side.) What an amazing thing to happen to my little boys, to my little family. After Santa left, A asked if he could see his sleigh and the reindeer. Daddy told him, "Santa's sleigh is magic, we can't see it or it will ruin the magic."

Both boys walked upstairs chattering excitedly about what had just happened. They didn't stop talking after they were both in bed. It took A a good 20 minutes to finally calm down.

I sat downstairs while Daddy helped both boys back to bed. Sitting in our recliner, holding my youngest son whom we had just found out days before did not have cancer and that the tumor in his abdomen was nothing more than that, a tumor. My emotions have been up and down this last month like I never thought possible. It is one of the hardest feelings in the world to not feel like you can plan a life for someone in your head because you don't know how much longer you'll get to have them and to hold them.

So having Santa show up at our door with a bag full of amazing gifts for my kids, brought out very tender emotions.

Santa is real. He came to my door in the true spirit of giving. He showed my kids that magic still exists in the world. He showed Daddy and I that God does work through His people on Earth. He showed us that people are good. People are selfless. Santa showed us that our family is special.

So Santa, if you're out there reading this. Thank you.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

And everyone else. Please remember. That people are good.
 Here you can see Santa's bag of goodies that he left us. :) And three very excited little boys.... well, two. But Mommy and Daddy are excited for the youngest little one.
I asked them to try to lift the bag. They weren't able to do it. But they were pretty excited to try!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Story.... made my day too when you called and told us about it. Well said. LOVE YA MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Christmas tree turned out great... And how great it is to see the older boys getting to hold their baby brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this story! Jenny, thank you for sharing, and letting us be a part of yours and McKay's sacred trial and blessing!

    ReplyDelete